Subject: Re: 2.6.25-rc2-mm1 - several bugs and a crash

From: "Paul E. McKenney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 09:09:08 -0800

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 01:52:53AM +0100, Tilman Schmidt wrote:
> Am 22.02.2008 01:40 schrieb Tilman Schmidt:
> >>
> >>     [NETFILTER]: nf_conntrack: fix smp_processor_id() in preemptible code warning
> > 
> > Yes, it does; and the system also survives substantially longer.
> > (IOW, it hasn't crashed on me so far.)
> 
> Which of course it did the second after I sent off that mail. :-(
> No message at all this time at the time of the crash, even though
> I had "tail -f /var/log/messages" running in an ssh session.
> 
> So the nf_conntrack BUG is fixed, but the crash (and of course the
> swapper "spinlock bad magic" BUG) persists.

Do you have CONFIG_DEBUG_PREEMPT set?  That would help find any other
bugs similar to nf_conntrack.

							Thanx, Paul