Subject: Re: [Bug 10071] kernel hang in inet_init (PREEMPT_RCU problem)

From: "Paul E. McKenney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 20:32:35 -0800

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 04:58:23PM -0800, Paul E. McKenney wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 10:34:57PM +0100, Jarek Poplawski wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 12:53:03PM -0800, [email-masked] wrote:
> > > http://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10071
> > ...
> > > ------- Comment #17 from [email-masked]  2008-02-28 12:53 -------
> > > bingo with classic rcu
> > 
> > Congratulations Yannick!
> > 
> > So, it seems mainly RCU vs. timer(?) problem. I send CC of this message
> > to RCU author, linux-kernel and netdev lists.
> 
> Interesting!  Any chance of a pointer to the original messages?
> A quick Google search and a look at LKML showed me nothing.  :-/

Thanks to Raphael for pointing me at the above bugzilla URL!

Yannick,

Would you be willing to try your test again after applying the
patch in http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/2/2/11 and rebuilding your
kernel?

This patch does not appear to be in 2.6.25-rc3.  :-(

I am reposting this patch separately.

							Thanx, Paul