Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] [IPV6]: Fix source address selection for ORCHID addresses

From: Rémi Denis-Courmont <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 20:11:48 +0200

Moi,

Le Thursday 21 February 2008 12:08:42 Juha-Matti Tapio, vous avez écrit :
> Skip the prefix length matching in source address selection for
> orchid -> non-orchid addresses.
>
> Overlay Routable Cryptographic Hash IDentifiers (RFC 4843,
> 2001:10::/28) are currenty not globally reachable. Without this
> check a host with an ORCHID address can end up preferring those over
> regular addresses when talking to other regular hosts in the 2001::/16
> range thus breaking non-orchid connections.

This is not really a "kernel" issue, but did you consider fixing glibc as 
well, as it needs to replicate source address selection as well in 
getaddrinfo()? There you will not only have problems with Rule 8, but 
possibly also with Rule 2 as you will have to take IPv4 addresses into 
account: e.g. http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=468801

-- 
Rémi Denis-Courmont
http://www.remlab.net/