Subject: [patch] mark netconsole broken

From: Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 09:06:44 +0100

* Andrew Morton <[email-masked]> wrote:

> This netconsole regression is still present in current mainline.  
> Rafael, can you please add it to the list?
> 
> It's strange that I can hit it on three separate machines with e100 
> and e1000 yet nobody else has reported it (afaik).  Is nobody using 
> netconsole?

i'd suggest the patch below, to mark it broken.

	Ingo

---
 drivers/net/Kconfig |    2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

Index: linux/drivers/net/Kconfig
===================================================================
--- linux.orig/drivers/net/Kconfig
+++ linux/drivers/net/Kconfig
@@ -3109,7 +3109,7 @@ config NET_FC
 
 config NETCONSOLE
 	tristate "Network console logging support (EXPERIMENTAL)"
-	depends on EXPERIMENTAL
+	depends on EXPERIMENTAL && BROKEN
 	---help---
 	If you want to log kernel messages over the network, enable this.
 	See <file:Documentation/networking/netconsole.txt> for details.