Subject: Re: MACB driver question

From: Haavard Skinnemoen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 01:12:37 +0100

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 16:04:27 +0100
"Bosko Radivojevic" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi Haavard!
> 
> I have question regarding MACB driver. Actually, I want to use it
> without connected PHY (we connected MACB directly to EtherCAT ET1200
> asic). In previous versions (2.6.20) I've manually removed all
> phy-related parts from macb.c at it works good. Now, when there is PHY
> API is there any 'nice and clean' way for doing it? I've tried with
> Fixed PHY, but it is not working (I get "No PHY found" message). For
> the test purposes, I tried the same with another board with Micrel's
> PHY and it works (with Fixed PHY, 100/Full).

Sorry, I don't have much experience with the Fixed PHY driver, but I
was under the impression that this is the sort of thing it was meant
for. Maybe someone at the Netdev list can help?

(dropping linux-arm from Cc becase it's subscribers-only and it was the
wrong list to begin with.)

Haavard