Subject: Re: [PATCH] 2.6.25-rc4 de_stop_rxtx polling wrong

From: Grant Grundler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 23:09:33 -0600

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 08:13:19AM -0400, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> Grant Grundler wrote:
>> Jeff,
>> This untested patch _should_ fix:
>> 	"(net de2104x) Kernel panic with de2104x tulip driver on boot"	
>> 	http://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=3156
>> But the bug submitter isn't responding.  Same fix has been applied
>> to tulip.c (several years ago) and uli526x.c (Feb 2008) drivers.
>> Patch was originally against 2.6.23 but applies clean against 2.6.25-rc4.
>> [ The panic reported in the bug report was removed in a recently
>>   (march 2008) accepted patch from Ondrej Zary. ]
>> Signed-off-by: Grant Grundler <[email-masked]>
>
> applied

Thanks!

> Please include comments like "Jeff," and "Patch was originally[...]" after 
> the "---" separator, so that the automated tools may omit these comments 
> without human intervention.

Which separator is that? I didn't explicitly add one unless you are
referring to the patch itself.

Or tell me which automated tool you are using and I'd be happy to
figure out how to seperate logistical comments from what should
go in the "change log" (ie land in git history).

thanks,
grant