Subject: COMPLETE is a poor global identifier

From: Andrew Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 03:24:49 -0700

powerpc allmodconfig:

In file included from drivers/char/rio/rio_linux.c:81:
drivers/char/rio/cirrus.h:202:1: warning: "COMPLETE" redefined
In file included from include/net/netns/ipv4.h:8,
                 from include/net/net_namespace.h:13,
                 from include/linux/seq_file.h:7,
                 from include/asm/machdep.h:12,
                 from include/asm/pci.h:17,
                 from include/linux/pci.h:951,
                 from drivers/char/rio/rio_linux.c:50:
include/net/inet_frag.h:28:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition

In file included from drivers/char/ip2/ip2main.c:128:
drivers/char/ip2/i2ellis.h:608:1: warning: "COMPLETE" redefined
In file included from include/net/netns/ipv4.h:8,
                 from include/net/net_namespace.h:13,
                 from include/linux/seq_file.h:7,
                 from include/asm/machdep.h:12,
                 from include/asm/pci.h:17,
                 from include/linux/pci.h:951,
                 from drivers/char/ip2/ip2main.c:95:
include/net/inet_frag.h:28:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition

they should all be renamed.  These can cause runtime failures, so it's not
a trivial thing.