Subject: [patch 8/8] qeth: keep ip-address after LAN_OFFLINE failure

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 10:27:00 +0200

From: Ursula Braun <[email-masked]>

Problem:     If setting of an ip-address fails with LAN_OFFLINE,
             qeth does not save the ip-address in its internal
             list of set ip-addresses. qeth recovers after a
             following STARTLAN event, but cannot set the unsaved
             ip-address.
Solution:    save the ip-address in the qeth-maintained list of
             ip-addresses after a LAN_OFFLINE failure for SETIP.

Signed-off-by: Ursula Braun <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Frank Blaschka <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/s390/net/qeth_l3_main.c |    2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

Index: git_davem-2.6.26/drivers/s390/net/qeth_l3_main.c
===================================================================
--- git_davem-2.6.26.orig/drivers/s390/net/qeth_l3_main.c	2008-03-31 13:21:04.000000000 +0200
+++ git_davem-2.6.26/drivers/s390/net/qeth_l3_main.c	2008-03-31 13:21:41.000000000 +0200
@@ -461,7 +461,7 @@
 			spin_unlock_irqrestore(&card->ip_lock, flags);
 			rc = qeth_l3_register_addr_entry(card, todo);
 			spin_lock_irqsave(&card->ip_lock, flags);
-			if (!rc)
+			if (!rc || (rc == IPA_RC_LAN_OFFLINE))
 				list_add_tail(&todo->entry, &card->ip_list);
 			else
 				kfree(todo);

--