Subject: Re: [TOMOYO #7 30/30] Hooks for SAKURA and TOMOYO.

From: Paul Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 11:40:59 -0400

On Friday 04 April 2008 8:23:12 am Tetsuo Handa wrote:
> This file contains modifications against kernel source code
> needed to use TOMOYO Linux 1.6.
>
> Although LSM hooks are provided for performing access control,
> TOMOYO Linux 1.6 doesn't use LSM because of the following reasons.

Hello,

I understand your frustration with the existing LSM hooks/API and your 
reasoning for abandoning LSM in favor of a new set of hooks, however, I 
think this sets a dangerous precedence which could result in an 
abundance of security related hooks scattered throughout the kernel.  I 
would much rather see the LSM API extended/tweaked to support the needs 
of SAKURA and TOMOYO than ignored and duplicated; I suspect several 
others will say the same.

You have made good progress with TOMOYO so far and if I can remember 
correctly you really only have one hurdle left, the VFS portion.  
Please continue to seek a solution to this that fits within the LSM 
framework.

Thank you.

-- 
paul moore
linux @ hp