Subject: [36/37] x86: Fix 32-bit x86 MSI-X allocation leakage

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 10:19:23 -0700

2.6.25-stable review patch.  If anyone has any objections, please let us
know.

------------------
From: PJ Waskiewicz <[email-masked]>

commit 9d9ad4b51d2b29b5bbeb4011f5e76f7538119cf9 upstream

This bug was introduced in the 2.6.24 i386/x86_64 tree merge, where
MSI-X vector allocation will eventually fail.  The cause is the new
bit array tracking used vectors is not getting cleared properly on
IRQ destruction on the 32-bit APIC code.

This can be seen easily using the ixgbe 10 GbE driver on multi-core
systems by simply loading and unloading the driver a few times.
Depending on the number of available vectors on the host system, the
MSI-X allocation will eventually fail, and the driver will only be
able to use legacy interrupts.

Signed-off-by: Peter P Waskiewicz Jr <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

---
 arch/x86/kernel/io_apic_32.c |    1 +
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

--- a/arch/x86/kernel/io_apic_32.c
+++ b/arch/x86/kernel/io_apic_32.c
@@ -2477,6 +2477,7 @@ void destroy_irq(unsigned int irq)
 	dynamic_irq_cleanup(irq);
 
 	spin_lock_irqsave(&vector_lock, flags);
+	clear_bit(irq_vector[irq], used_vectors);
 	irq_vector[irq] = 0;
 	spin_unlock_irqrestore(&vector_lock, flags);
 }

--