Subject: Re: NET_SCHED cbq dropping too many packets on a bonding interface

From: Jarek Poplawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 07:22:54 +0000

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 07:01:02AM +0000, Jarek Poplawski wrote:
> On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 03:42:18PM +0930, Kingsley Foreman wrote:
> ...
> > ok after some playing a bit if i use
> >
> > tc qdisc change dev bond0 parent 1: pfifo limit 30
> >
> > the dropped packets go away, im not sure if that is considered normal or  
> > not, however any number under 30 gives me issues.
> 
> If there are no significant differences in configs between these 2.6.22
> and 2.6.24/25 (e.g. things mentionned earlier by Eric) IMHO it's "more
> than normal", but as I've written it would need a lot of your time and
> work to check the rason.

BTW, it still doesn't have to mean any error: e.g. it could happen when
kernel throughput is better while NIC tx speed stayed the same. So, it
shouldn't probably bother you too much until there is no visible impact
on latency or rates.

Jarek P.