Subject: Re: [bug] stuck localhost TCP connections, v2.6.26-rc3+

From: Arjan van de Ven <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 09:24:07 -0700

On Mon, 26 May 2008 13:56:28 +0200
Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]> wrote:

> 
> in an overnight -tip testruns that is based on recent -git i got two 
> stuck TCP connections:
> 
> Active Internet connections (w/o servers)
> Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address               Foreign
> Address             State tcp        0 174592
> 10.0.1.14:58015             10.0.1.14:3632              ESTABLISHED
> tcp    72134      0 10.0.1.14:3632
> 10.0.1.14:58015             ESTABLISHED 
> 
> on a previously reliable machine. That connection has been stuck for
> 9 hours so it does not time out, etc. - and the distcc run that goes
> over that connection is stuck as well.
> 

interestingly enough, I think I'm seeing something very similar to this
with the claws email client; as of 2.6.26-rc3 (sorry, didn't run
earlier ones because they broke my wireless) claws gets "stuck" once in
a while, really stuck, when talking to the imap server.....
It seems to happen a little less frequently when running under strace,
but it still happens, so that could just be a timing thing.