Subject: Re: [patch 04/13] 8390: Split 8390 support into a pausing and a non pausing driver core

From: Alan Cox <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 00:52:47 +0100

On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 16:33:49 -0700
[email-masked] wrote:

> From: Alan Cox <[email-masked]>
> 
> Only a few ISA controllers need the pausing version of the 8390 core
> while PCMCIA, later ISA and PCI do not. More importantly the ISA delays
> can break non ISA boxes so we must use a different build of 8390.c for
> the two sets of controllers.
> 
> No changes since last time as all the points of concerns raised proved to
> be invalid
> 
> [[email-masked]: ne2 (MCA) needs both 8390.o and 8390p.o functions]

ne2 does not need both, it hasn't needed both and its completely invalid
to have both in one driver. Please drop Randy's change out and fix the
actual typo instead.

Alan