Subject: Re: bnx2_poll panicking kernel

From: Bill Fink <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 11:34:06 -0400

On Sat, 21 Jun 2008, Josip Rodin wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 03:47:22PM -0700, Michael Chan wrote:
> > On Wed, 2008-06-18 at 00:37 +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> > > After applying this patch, two rsync runs went through without any problem,
> > > yay.
> > > 
> > > Yet, there were no alerts from the new printk in the patch...?
> > 
> > Please keep monitoring the printks during future rsyncs with those HTB
> > rules.  May be we're just lucky and not hitting the problem this time.
> 
> Still nothing after four days. I'm starting to wonder...
> 
> The only thing that I did that was slightly out of the ordinary was that
> I applied your patch, ran make modules and then modules_install, and then
> modprobe -r bnx2, modprobe bnx2; IOW I didn't reboot the whole kernel or
> reinitialize HTB. Should I try to do any of that?

Wouldn't the "modprobe -r bnx2" destroy the HTB info for that device?

						-Bill