Subject: Re: [RFC/PATCH] ipg: add jumbo frame support kconfig option

From: Andrew Savchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 17:07:14 +0400

Hi,

On Sunday 22 June 2008 13:23, Pekka J Enberg wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Jun 2008, Stephen Hemminger wrote:
> > The code should enable/disable anything it needs based on the
> > MTU size in the change_mtu call. If the driver needs to
> > reallocate buffers, change receiver settings, make sacrifices
> > to deities, or phone home that is the place to do it. In other
> > words no compile or config option fro MTU settings please.
>
> Right, so how about something like this instead? Andrew, can you
> test the following patch? You need all the other patches from
> the previous series modulo the last patch. Thanks!

Ok, I replaced old ipg-make-jumbo-frame-support-configurable with 
newer version. It works fine, I tuned MTU in the range from 68 to 
10240 bytes )).

Thanks for the patch, awaiting for it in the main kernel tree.

Sincerely yours,
Andrew