Subject: Re: [PATCH RFC 01/10] mlx4_en: Include file

From: Ben Hutchings <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 14:46:53 +0100

Yevgeny Petrilin wrote:
[...]
> +#ifdef CONFIG_MLX4_EN_DEBUG
> +#define mlx4_dbg(mdev, format, arg...)	\
> +	printk(KERN_DEBUG "%s %s: " format , DRV_NAME ,\
> +		(&mdev->pdev->dev)->bus_id , ## arg)

CONFIG_MLX4_EN_DEBUG isn't in Kconfig.  If you expect debugging to be
enabled through tweaking EXTRA_CFLAGS then the macro should be called
something else.

[...]
> +#ifdef CONFIG_MLX4_EN_PREFETCH
> +	#define PREFETCH(x)		prefetch(x)

Neither is CONFIG_MLX4_EN_PREFETCH in Kconfig.  Why don't you do this
unconditionally?

There are several more CONFIG macros tested here which should be removed
or renamed (or possibly added to Kconfig).

Ben.

-- 
Ben Hutchings, Senior Software Engineer, Solarflare Communications
Not speaking for my employer; that's the marketing department's job.