Subject: Re: [bug, netconsole, SLUB] BUG skbuff_head_cache: Poison overwritten

From: Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 13:55:55 +0200

* Evgeniy Polyakov <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > I could try run tests with netconsole deactivated, if you think 
> > that's a worthwile line of probing this problem. (although that 
> > would make me do blind tests in essence - having kernel log output 
> > is really essential.)
> 
> Let's try this way first. If system will continue to crash, we will 
> add some debug options in various pathes. Existing reports do not 
> contain enough information unfortunately, so we will not lose too 
> much.

ok. I've turned off netconsole - 8 successful bootups in a row so far. 
The box is a slow booter/builder with an 8 kernels/hour test throughput, 
so if everything goes fine we should have meaningful results in about 10 
hours.

( there are other, faster testboxes in -tip testing with 33 kernels/hour 
  build+boot throughput where we'd have to wait only 2 hours - but as 
  per Murphy's law they dont trigger this bug ;-)

	Ingo