Subject: Re: [build failure] hp-plus.c: (.text+0xd7c1a): undefined reference to `ei_close'

From: Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 07:26:03 +0200

not sure it's known but despite all the fixes i still get:

 drivers/built-in.o: In function `ne_drv_resume':
 ne.c:(.text+0x146ba4): undefined reference to `NS8390_init'
 drivers/built-in.o: In function `ne_block_output':
 ne.c:(.text+0x146e00): undefined reference to `NS8390_init'
 drivers/built-in.o: In function `hpp_close':
 hp-plus.c:(.text+0x148c3b): undefined reference to `ei_close'
 drivers/built-in.o: In function `hpp_open':
 hp-plus.c:(.text+0x148c77): undefined reference to `ei_interrupt'
 hp-plus.c:(.text+0x148ce7): undefined reference to `ei_open'
 drivers/built-in.o: In function `ne_probe1':
 ne.c:(.init.text+0xb532): undefined reference to `NS8390_init'
 drivers/built-in.o: In function `hpp_probe1':
 hp-plus.c:(.init.text+0xc033): undefined reference to `ei_poll'
 drivers/built-in.o: In function `hp_plus_probe':
 (.init.text+0xc134): undefined reference to `__alloc_ei_netdev'
 make: *** [.tmp_vmlinux1] Error 1

with this config and latest -git (v2.6.26-6371-g338b9bb):

 http://redhat.com/~mingo/misc/config-Thu_Jul_24_07_13_29_CEST_2008.bad

	Ingo