Subject: Re: [PATCH] Re: SFQ depth limit

From: Jarek Poplawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 09:49:08 +0000

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 10:45:39AM +0200, Patrick McHardy wrote:
> David Miller wrote:
>> From: Jarek Poplawski <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 21:11:13 +0200
>>
>>   
>>> sch_sfq: dump a real number of flows
>>>
>>> Dump the "flows" number according to the number of active flows
>>> instead of repeating the "limit".
>>>     
>>
>> Looks reasonable, applied, thanks Jarek.
>
> I'm not sure we should do this, this removes the symetry between
> ->init/change and ->dump. Its not a big deal in this case since
> flows is unused in ->init anyway, but still its a not so nice
> precedent. Such things should normally be put in the statistics.
>

Hmm... I didn't even notice this. But I guess, this patch didn't
introduce this precedent since this non-config "flow" was dumped
before. Btw., I can see e.g. direct_pkts in htb_dump() which looks
like similar precedent. IMHO, printing the same thing 2x under
different names is worse precedent. Anyway, this patch isn't any
big deal, so I can send a revert.

Thanks,
Jarek P.