Subject: Re: [PATCH-2.4] via-rhine: fix duplex detection issue

From: Roger Luethi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 11:51:21 +0200

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 00:08:02 +0200, Willy Tarreau wrote:
> The user that I am suggest using #1, but the maintainer that
> I am prefers #2. So I think I'll just go with the patch for
> the specific issue, and only consider the backport for my
> personal trees the day I have time to spend on this. That way
> we get one small patch for one small issue.
> 
> I'd like to get your opinion on this, and to check with you
> if you are basically OK with that change in principle.

The major changes in 2.6 via-rhine have been in use for quite a while. It's
clearly an improvement over the one in 2.4 and every bit as stable. I'm not
sure a backport is worth it, though, especially considering that it's
incredibly easy to break via-rhine for some odd hardware or use case.

For 2.4, I'd stay with the devil that I know -- i.e. make minimal changes
only. But whatever you decide is fine with me. I trust that the 2.4
maintainer knows what is best for those users. Better than me, anyway.

Roger