Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 2/3] net_sched: Add accessor function for packet length for qdiscs

From: Jarek Poplawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 11:19:15 +0000

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 12:47:31PM +0200, Patrick McHardy wrote:
> Jarek Poplawski wrote:
>> On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 03:21:42PM +0200, Patrick McHardy wrote:
...
>>> The other problem that affects all qdiscs supporting actions is
>>> TC_ACT_QUEUED/TC_ACT_STOLEN getting mapped to NET_XMIT_SUCCESS
>>> even though the packet is not queued, corrupting upper qdiscs'
>>> qlen counters.
>>
>> Why can't we (temporarily) simply check such cl->un.leaf.q->q.qlen
>> before and after enqueing?
>
> Thats really ugly, why not simply fix it correctly by
> not lying to upper qdiscs?

I thought it needs to wait for your audit. (Considering current
state of NET_XMIT statuses it's simple and reliable.) Otherwise
I'd prefer nice methods too.

Jarek P.