Subject: Re: TCP connection stalls under 2.6.24.7

From: Dâniel Fraga <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 09:44:36 -0300

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 09:39:40 +0200
Thomas Jarosch <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Ok. Please try the latest patch Ilpo CC:ed you. Here's a link to the post:
> http://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=121699478406378&w=2

	Before I try could this issue be related to some of these
kernel parameters?

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_echo_ignore_broadcasts

echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/accept_source_route 

echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/accept_redirects 

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_ignore_bogus_error_responses 

	I ask it because I decided to comment these lines (on my
NATted desktop and on the server) and until now I don't have the problem
anymore. But I'll keep testing all day and if the problem comes back
I'll try the patch ok?

> Where is the NNTP server located? At your provider?

	It's my nntp server:

nntp://news.abusar.org

	You can post test messages on grupo "u-br.teste".

	But there's an issue. My connection was stalled mainly when I
ran some application with sudo (for example fetchnews etc). Then I'd do
an nmap -sS and the connection would come back alive. Sometimes it
would be necessary a nmap on my desktop (local machine) and sometimes
on the server (news.abusar.org).

--