Subject: Re: qdisc_enqueue, NET_XMIT_SUCCESS and kfree_skb

From: Jarek Poplawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 12:05:37 +0000

On Thu, Aug 07, 2008 at 02:36:54PM +0300, Jussi Kivilinna wrote:
> Quoting "Jarek Poplawski" <[email-masked]>:
>
>> There is also some doubt about differences between ->enqueue() and
>> ->requeue() wrt. kfree_skb() and returning codes: maybe it would be
>> better (for uniformity) to add similar changes to requeues (and
>> dev_requeue_skb()) as well?
>>
>
> I think requeue should be changed to return same as enqueue, netem even
> uses requeue as enqueue replacement for packet reordering. Maybe add
> new function qdisc_requeue_tree to handle freeing and masking flags and
> change outside uses of requeue to use it (qdisc_peek_len in hfsc,
> sch_atm_dequeue, dev_requeue_skb).

Yes, good point again: if ->enqueue() could be mixed with ->requeue()
there is more than uniformity argument to do the change everywhere.

Jarek P.