Subject: Re: [PATCH] tcp FRTO: in-order-only "TCP proxy" fragility workaround

From: Dâniel Fraga <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 21:36:15 -0300

On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 22:18:50 +0300 (EEST)
"Ilpo Järvinen" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I'll look through 2.6.24..25 history once I have some time to see if 
> there are some clues about the cause. I'm also having a problem in 
> figurin out why would the frto patch you tested solve this issue (unless 
> there are two issues in the picture).

	Ok, surely some patch between .24 and .25 caused this. Or it's
some bug that only "appeared" in .25 :)

	In fact, the frto patch helped, but not prevented the problem.
I mean, it seems that with the frto patch, the problem doesn't happen
frequently. And if I disable frto, the problem doesn't occur either.

	But, maybe, we could be talking about another bug, completely
unrelated to frto... I don't know. i'm just guessing ;). Anyway, we
talk about stalled connections ;)

	What I know is:

1) what you wrote is right: 2.6.24 is fine, 2.6.25 and 2.6.26 not

2) nmap -sS <server> seems to reset the connection (it's my workaround
until now ;). Maybe the ping probe help in some way? I don't know.

	I want to help you as much as I can. So, ask anything you need.

	Thanks!

-- 
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe netfilter-devel" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html