Subject: Re: build issue #564 for v2.6.27-rc4 : undefined reference to `NS8390p_init'

From: Andrew Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 11:09:02 -0700

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 18:12:34 +0100
Alan Cox <[email-masked]> wrote:

> O> > drivers/built-in.o: In function `wd_probe1':
> > > wd.c:(.init.text+0x2570): undefined reference to `NS8390p_init'
> > > make: *** [.tmp_vmlinux1] Error 1
> > 
> > Alan,
> > 
> > Do you have any outstanding patches for these wd (and I've seen
> > hp-plus as well IIRC) build issues, or should Jeff have them now?
> 
> I'm not really tracking it any more, there were so many patches from so
> many people I couldn't give a definitive answer as to what was applied,
> is queued or is not queued.
> 

For the record, and from memory, there were three patches.

One from you which broke my tree.

One from Randy which I merged after several days of you not responding
to our bug reports.

One which I typed in by hand based upon your lackadaisical,
several-month-late English-language description of what I needed to do
to fix it.  As we can see, it didn't work.

I wish Jeff hadn't merged the thing after I dropped it - I sat on it
for months waiting in exhasperation for you to actually support your
own work and you never did.

Can we just revert it now?