Subject: Re: [PATCH] pkt_sched: Destroy gen estimators under rtnl_lock().

From: Jarek Poplawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 11:38:33 +0000

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 08:23:30AM +1000, Herbert Xu wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 08:58:57PM +0200, Jarek Poplawski wrote:
> >
> > root qdisc with pointers copied to every dev_queue. At least I can't
> > see nothing more in qdisc_create() and qdisc_graft(). So,
> > qdisc_lookup() seems to be designed for the future (or to do this
> > lookup more exactly with additional loops...). 
> 
> We've got at least the RX and TX queues.  That makes two locks and
> two lists.

As a matter of fact your doubts around this enlightened me only now
there is something "wrong" here... This qdisc_lookup(), even if
there were all these multi RX and TX things implemented, still
shouldn't matter because what qdisc_tree_decrease_qlen() could be
interested in is only one qdisc tree. So it looks like current
implementation of qdisc_lookup() is an overkill for this anyway.

Jarek P.