Subject: Re: pull request: wireless-2.6 2008-08-26

From: Bruno Randolf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 12:35:34 +0200

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 04:11:15PM -0700, Tomas Winkler wrote:
> Last solution would be to remove this merging all together but then
> I'm not sure if Bruno added this code just implement the spec or
> really tested it with any hardware.

of course i tested IBSS merge with atheros hardware when i sent in the patch 
and it worked. this is about 6 month ago. recently i briefly tested IBSS, 
with the same HW but it did not work any more - i didn't have the time to 
investigate this issue...

please remember that there was a lengthy discussion about the standard 
compliance and the reasons behind the need for IBSS merge before my patch was 
accepted. i believe i had convincing arguments why IBSS mode does not 
reliably work at all in practice if we don't support IBSS merge.

you might want to re-read this thread:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.wireless.general/10278

greetings,
bruno
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-wireless" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html