Subject: Releasing new traceroute

From: Olaf Kirch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 13:53:53 +0200

Hi all,

a new version of my traceroute implementation is available from
ftp://ftp.lst.de/pub/people/okir/traceroute. I rewrote part
of the protocol handling to make it more flexible, and added
traceroute over TCP support. This uses the old-fashioned
listen-for-icmp-errors-on-raw-socket approach because we don't
have MSG_ERRQUEUE support in TCP, so it requires root privs.

Please give it a try and let me know whether you're seeing any
problems with it. One thing that's still missing is that over
IPv6, traceroute supports only UDP tracing, no ICMP or TCP.
That's mostly because I need to write the packet parsing code
that unwraps the IPv6 packet contained in the ICMP error
messages.

Cheers,
Olaf
-- 
 And mention in the Fitz incident that DCOP is no ego shooter!
                                --micha istinie, 2001