Subject: [RFC PATCH v4 00/14] Labeled networking patches for 2.6.28

From: Paul Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 20:48:41 -0400

Another updated spin of the labeled networking patches for 2.6.28.  No new
functionality this time around just some bug fixes, including a particularly
fun one to correct the way we determine if a packet is locally generated or
the result of forwarded traffic.  The previous solution, check to see if
(skb->sk == NULL), did not work in all cases (hint: can be triggered by
certain igmp packets which can be generated by the avahi-daemon, note: the
avahi-daemon appears to be the source of some interesting corner cases).

Since I'm reasonable certain there are no really nasty regressions, I've added sign-offs to all the patches now.  I expect there will probably be another
spin or two to take care of bugs yet to be found and fix other various things
that pop-up (maybe even the Smack stuff if I can find the time) but the
patches are in reasonably good shape right now.  I also did a test
merge/compile with the September 2nd linux-next tree and there were no nasty
surprises so I'm also pushing these patches to my lblnet-2.6_next tree which
means you should see them in tomorrow's linux-next tree if all goes well.

Any feedback, comments, or testing is appreciated.  As usual, the patches can
also be found here:

 * git://git.infradead.org/users/pcmoore/lblnet-2.6_testing

Thanks.

--
paul moore
linux @ hp