Subject: Re: + security-selinux-include-netlabelh-fix-two-build-errors.patch added to -mm tree

From: Paul Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 12:44:15 -0400

On Friday 05 September 2008 12:00:33 am Randy Dunlap wrote:
> Even with this patch, net/netlabel/netlabel_mgmt.c has build errors
> when CONFIG_IPV6=n:

Interesting, I tried to reproduce this quickly by changing my .config, 
running 'make oldconfig', verifying that CONFIG_IPV6 was still "n" (it 
was actually commented out), and then running 'make M=net/netlabel' ... 
the result was no error.

You are correct, I obviously made a mistake in the code (which I am 
fixing now) but I don't understand why the steps I took above didn't 
highlight the problem?  What am I missing?

> linux-next-20080904/net/netlabel/netlabel_domainhash.c:79: warning:
> unused variable 'tmp6'
> linux-next-20080904/net/netlabel/netlabel_domainhash.c:78: warning:
> unused variable 'iter6'
> linux-next-20080904/net/netlabel/netlabel_domainhash.c:340: warning:
> unused variable 'tmp6'
> linux-next-20080904/net/netlabel/netlabel_domainhash.c:301: warning:
> unused variable 'iter6'
> linux-next-20080904/net/netlabel/netlabel_mgmt.c:219: error: implicit
> declaration of function 'netlbl_af6list_add'
> linux-next-20080904/net/netlabel/netlabel_mgmt.c:317: error: implicit
> declaration of function 'netlbl_af6list_foreach_rcu'
> linux-next-20080904/net/netlabel/netlabel_mgmt.c:318: error: expected
> ';' before '{' token make[3]: *** [net/netlabel/netlabel_mgmt.o]
> Error 1

-- 
paul moore
linux @ hp