Subject: Re: [Bugme-new] [Bug 11571] New: u32_classify Kernel Panic

From: Jarek Poplawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 07:53:51 +0000

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 01:05:28PM +0600, m0sia wrote:
...
>>>> http://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11571
>>>>
>>>>            Summary: u32_classify Kernel Panic
...
> It happens on a production server and i can't experiment with this bug.  
> Now i'm using MARK iptable target and fw mark filter, because of this  
> bug. I think it happens when deleting or adding filters(it occur  
> automatically by script, when adding new user or user change speed).  
> I'll try this patch on test server.

OK, no hurry. BTW, it looks like some traffic is needed in a qdisc
while its filters are modified to trigger this. Probably, turning off
CONFIG_CLS_U32_PERF can make this less visible. On the other hand,
turning on memory debugging: CONFIG_DEBUG_SLAB or CONFIG_SLUB_DEBUG_ON
should be helpful here.

Jarek P.