Subject: Re: Machine Check Exception Re: NetDev! Please help!

From: Jarek Poplawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 20:26:08 +0200

Badalian Vyacheslav wrote, On 09/23/2008 02:16 PM:
...
> I simple hope that after divide to bands/queues and go back to network
> all packets save "First in and First Out" logic that needed in services
> like video streaming...

Of course this is aimed at, and if it's really first in per flow, and
flows are bound to devs/irqs, after hashing should be the same. But...
shit happens - e.g. recently there has been fixed a bug in the hash
which could change this order. And you should remember this default
qdisc is prioritized fifo, so you should be careful with TOS etc. 

>> sch_multiq doesn't use any params for hashing now - it uses mapping
>> in packets to separate them to different bands/queues. So, by default
>> it'll respect common hashing. You can change this using any filter with
>> act_skbedit (Documentation/networking/multiqueue.txt).
>>
>>   
> Ok! I will read all related information and rewrite all tc generate
> scripts to test it!

Do you mean net-next? I think you should first do some tests if you
really need this.

...
> not to worry ;) Thanks again. I try last -next git after someone fix
> Intel exception issue ;)

I think, maybe you could try what Ingo Molnar asked: -tip git, for now?

Jarek P.