Subject: Re: Patch for tbench regression.

From: Evgeniy Polyakov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 14:34:37 +0400

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 05:43:52PM +0800, Herbert Xu ([email-masked]) wrote:
> BTW what were the actual numbers on your machine with tbench?

Do you mean real machine and not xen domain?
Here are the results:
==> /tmp/tbench/tbench-2.6.22-mainline-slab <==
Throughput 479.82 MB/sec 8 procs

==> /tmp/tbench/tbench-2.6.23-mainline <==
Throughput 454.36 MB/sec 8 procs

==> /tmp/tbench/tbench-2.6.24 <==
Throughput 399.912 MB/sec 8 procs

==> /tmp/tbench/tbench-2.6.25 <==
Throughput 391.59 MB/sec 8 procs

==> /tmp/tbench/tbench-8-2.6.26-mainline-slub <==
Throughput 398.508 MB/sec 8 procs

==> /tmp/tbench/tbench-8-2.6.27-rc7-mainline-slab <==
Throughput 366.046 MB/sec 8 procs

==> /tmp/tbench/tbench-8-2.6.27-rc7-mainline-slub <==
Throughput 360.78 MB/sec 8 procs

> And what about netperf?

Machines are dead right now, since apparently all bisections I tried are
unbootable (I gathered only one one dump in
e1000_watchdog+0x25/__netif_schedule+0xa), so I can not test anything
right now, but can run netperf when they will be alive again.

-- 
	Evgeniy Polyakov