Subject: Re: wireless vs. network namespaces (part II)

From: "Luis R. Rodriguez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 12:03:45 -0700

On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 12:40:51AM -0700, Johannes Berg wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-09-27 at 18:39 -0700, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
> > In the wired ethernet world there is a lot of value in moving just
> > a vlan interface or just one mac address with mac vlan into a network
> > namespace.  Allowing full speed access to the hardware that can do
> > just about anything while functionally restricting what user space
> > can do with the hardware.
> 
> Right, except that wireless really is different in that for one you
> can't really usefully have multiple virtual interfaces unless you're
> making an AP

Well it may be possible later in STA too, but that is just me looking at
a crystal ball.

> (and I think it's unlikely you'd want that in an AP, and
> even if I'm not willing to support it, 

You mean AP VLANs? I thought you added that code already. I don't
follow.

  Luis