Subject: Re: atl2 network driver status

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 16:06:03 -0700

On Thu, Oct 02, 2008 at 04:02:46PM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> In looking for drivers to add to drivers/staging/ I ran across the atl2
> driver that is currently in the Fedora and Ubuntu kernel trees.
> 
> This driver doesn't look to be scheduled for inclusion in the upstream
> netdev git tree for submission for 2.6.28, is there any reason why it is
> still out-of-the-tree?
> 
> And, if it's not going into 2.6.28, any objection for me adding it to
> the drivers/staging/ tree?  If so, I need a list of reasons why it is
> not merged upstream properly so far so that people know what to work on
> in order to get it there.

Ok, in looking at the code, I see a list of things that probably need to
be fixed up properly, but it would be nice to see what others think the
reasons are :)

thanks,

greg k-h