Subject: [PATCH] de2104x: wrong MAC address fix

From: Martin Langer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 20:04:59 +0200

The de2104x returns sometimes a wrong MAC address. The wrong one is
like the original one, but it comes with an one byte shift. I found
this bug on an older alpha ev5 cpu. More details are available in Gentoo
bugreport #240718.

It seems the hardware is sometimes a little bit too slow for an
immediate access. This patch solves the problem by introducing a small
udelay.

Signed-off-by: Martin Langer <[email-masked]>

--- drivers/net/tulip/de2104x.c_ORIGINAL	2008-10-10 00:13:53.000000000 +0200
+++ drivers/net/tulip/de2104x.c	2008-10-11 19:04:32.000000000 +0200
@@ -1689,6 +1689,7 @@
 	unsigned i;
 
 	dw32 (ROMCmd, 0);	/* Reset the pointer with a dummy write. */
+	udelay(5);
 
 	for (i = 0; i < 6; i++) {
 		int value, boguscnt = 100000;