Subject: Re: [build bug] CONFIG_MAC80211=m && CONFIG_RT2X00=y

From: Ivo van Doorn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 10:18:10 +0200

Hi,

> FYI, i triggered a build failure and have the hack below in -tip. Did 
> not have time to track down why the build fails exactly, so i disabled 
> the driver as a quick hack. Would be glad to test any fix patch.

This could perhaps have been caused by the change to menuconfig,

> diff --git a/drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/Kconfig b/drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/Kconfig
> index f839ce0..8d02224 100644
> --- a/drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/Kconfig
> +++ b/drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/Kconfig
> @@ -1,6 +1,7 @@
>  menuconfig RT2X00
>  	bool "Ralink driver support"

Does changing bool to tristate help?
Because the depends are all properly set, so it should not be possible
to set rt2x00 to compiled-in while mac80211 is a module..

>  	depends on MAC80211 && WLAN_80211 && EXPERIMENTAL
> +	depends on BROKEN
>  	---help---
>  	  This will enable the experimental support for the Ralink drivers,
>  	  developed in the rt2x00 project <http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com>.
> 

Ivo