Subject: [patch 5/7] forcdeth: increase max_interrupt_work

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 14:22:16 -0700

From: Joe Korty <[email-masked]>

This eliminates the following often-generated warning from my 64 bit
Opteron SMP test stand:

	eth0: too many iterations (6) in nv_nic_irq

According to the web, the problem is that the forcedeth driver has a
too-low value for max_interrupt_work.  Grepping the kernel I see that
forcedeth has the second lowest value of all ethernet drivers (ie, 6). 
Most are in the 20-40 range.  So this patch increases this a bit, from 6
to 15 (at 15 forcedeth becomes the driver with third-lowest
max_interrupt_work value).

My test stand, which used to print out the above warnings repetitively
whenever it was under heavy net load, no longer does so.

Signed-off-by: Joe Korty <[email-masked]>
Cc: Ayaz Abdulla <[email-masked]>
Cc: Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <[email-masked]>
---

 drivers/net/forcedeth.c |    2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff -puN drivers/net/forcedeth.c~forcdeth-increase-max_interrupt_work drivers/net/forcedeth.c
--- a/drivers/net/forcedeth.c~forcdeth-increase-max_interrupt_work
+++ a/drivers/net/forcedeth.c
@@ -818,7 +818,7 @@ struct fe_priv {
  * Maximum number of loops until we assume that a bit in the irq mask
  * is stuck. Overridable with module param.
  */
-static int max_interrupt_work = 5;
+static int max_interrupt_work = 15;
 
 /*
  * Optimization can be either throuput mode or cpu mode
_