Subject: Fwd: iproute weight balancing problem with youtube

From: Markus Frahm <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 16:55:52 +0100

Hello,
I didn't receive any answer or subscription confirmation from the other list 
yet, so I forward the problem to this list. Can anybody help?
Greetings
  Markus

----------  Forwarded Message  ----------

Subject: iproute weight balacing problem with youtube
Date: Monday 27 October 2008
From: Markus Frahm <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]

Dear Stephen Hemminger,
we have found a problem with ip route and multiple internet connections using 
the ip route 'weight' option to balance the traffic of a NAT firewall between 
several lines. Internet sites like 'youtube' show videos only with 50% 
probability because youtube and similar sites demand several connections (for 
the web site and the flash stream) to come from the same source IP. Is there a 
simple solution for this problem for example to increase the time in the 
balancing algorithm or a cache for source IPs? 
Regards

  Markus

-------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by the Moblin Your Move Developer's challenge
Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK & win great prizes
Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the world
http://moblin-contest.org/redirect.php?banner_id=100&url=/