Subject: Re: [1/9] pohmelfs: documentation.

From: Evgeniy Polyakov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 16:41:55 +0300

Hi Pavel.

On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 08:22:20PM +0100, Pavel Machek ([email-masked]) wrote:
> > + * Flexible object architecture optimized for network processing.
> > +	Ability to create long paths to objects and remove arbitrarily huge
> > +	directories with a single network command.
> > +	(like removing the whole kernel tree via a single network
> > command).
> 
> Hmm, so we'll need new unlink_recursively() syscall?

If we could have it, it would be really simple in POHMELFS :)

> > + * Very high performance.
> 
> Do you have some nfs comparison?

Alot (nfs, xfs, pohmelfs with crypto, data and metadata IO)...

http://tservice.net.ru/~s0mbre/blog/devel/fs/2008_06_13_1.html
http://tservice.net.ru/~s0mbre/blog/devel/fs/2008_07_07.html
http://tservice.net.ru/~s0mbre/blog/devel/fs/2008_06_25.html
http://tservice.net.ru/~s0mbre/blog/devel/fs/2008_06_19_1.html

One can find more at old development track:
http://tservice.net.ru/~s0mbre/blog//devel/fs

-- 
	Evgeniy Polyakov