Subject: Re: Data corruption issue with splice() on 2.6.27.10

From: Willy Tarreau <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 14:15:39 +0100

On Wed, Jan 07, 2009 at 01:10:57PM +0000, Jarek Poplawski wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 07, 2009 at 04:02:59PM +0300, Evgeniy Polyakov wrote:
> ...
> > If I understood correctly Jarek's patch, he wants to allocate a page and
> > copy linear content of the skb there, so this will end up being the same
> > case as with splicing from the file. And while generally this may be a
> > good idea, but with usual 1.5k mtu this will copy every skb, which is
> > rather bad idea. Will have to think :)
> > 
> 
> As I mentioned earlier, I (poorly) tried to realize Changli's idea
> only, and it's more to verify the reason still (after it failed with
> SG method...).

Jarek, since it now works when disabling both SG and GSO, we know that the
bug is triggered when passing through do_tcp_sendpage(). Thus, I will not
try your patch #3 yet, but rather wait for fix candidates to try.

Thanks!
Willy