Subject: Re: Allowing more than 64k connections and heavily optimize bind(0) time.

From: Evgeniy Polyakov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 12:27:56 +0300

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 11:01:38PM -0800, David Miller ([email-masked]) wrote:
> Ok, I applied Evegniy's patch, but it didn't even come WITHIN A MILE
> of applying to the current tree.  Eric Dumazet's RCU hash table
> changes and net namespace macro modifications destroyed all of the
> context and content in these patches.  It was one huge reject, even
> with dumb patch.

Thank you David.

> As I just have been told, it results in this strange behaviour:
> $ grep -n :60013 netstat.res
> 33101:tcp        0      0 local1:60013       remote:80       ESTABLISHED
> 33105:tcp        0      0 local1:60013       remote:80       ESTABLISHED
> 52084:tcp        0      0 local2:60013       remote:80       ESTABLISHED
> 52085:tcp        0      0 local2:60013       remote:80       ESTABLISHED
> 58249:tcp        0      0 local3:60013       remote:80       ESTABLISHED
> 
> it is yet to resolve what it is and how much harm it brings :)

It should be already resolved in the patch :)

-- 
	Evgeniy Polyakov