Subject: Re: deadlocks if use htb

From: Jarek Poplawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 13:57:06 +0000

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 02:32:26PM +0100, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-01-14 at 13:26 +0000, Jarek Poplawski wrote:
> 
> > OK, I hope Denys can apply more, but what about others? Without any
> > patches the hole seems to be much bigger.
> 
> OK, I read most of this thread on netdev, but didn't find a clear clue
> on the specific hrtimer insertion race.
> 
> Do you have any clear ideas or should I poke at the htb/hrtimer code a
> little?
> 

I didn't diagnose this entirely, and there were "a few" days since I
wrote my opinion on this, so currently I forgot details, but I guess
the most suspicious place is adding a hrtimer, when it's on the list,
maybe even two times in a row. I guess it's not removed from the
rbtree in some case. (I stopped searching after seeing you removed
this list or something...)

Jarek P.