Subject: Re: e1000e regression (interface hang) with latest -git

From: Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 19:03:44 +0100

* Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]> wrote:

> The same point remains though: it worked before (and works fine with a 
> distro kernel, 2.6.28-0.140.rc9.git1.fc11.x86_64) and doesnt work with 
> latest -git.
> 
> I'll capture some debug data and send it to you.

find attached the debug data:

  ethtool.dump.eth0.before
  ethtool.dump.eth0.after
  ethtool.dump.eth0.after2
  boot.log
  config

the 'before' dump is before the hang, shortly after bootup. It also 
includes 'ifconfig eth0' output.

the 'after' dump is after the hang - while the interface is hung.

'after2' dump is after a 'service network restart' - which brought the 
interface back.

Note if i wait long enough (half an hour or so), then not even 'service 
network restart' will bring back the device.

The kernel i tested is: v2.6.29-rc2-13-gf3b8436

	Ingo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by:
SourcForge Community
SourceForge wants to tell your story.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/sf-spreadtheword

_______________________________________________
E1000-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/e1000-devel