Subject: [PATCH v5 0/4] virtio_net: Add MAC and VLAN filtering

From: Alex Williamson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 12:02:29 -0700

This series adds infrastructure for a new control virtqueue and
makes use of it to support set_rx_mode, unicast and multicast address
lists, and supporting a hypervisor based VLAN filter.  The goal is to
make the virtio-net device support more of the features of a physical
NIC and allow the hypervisor to discard packets we don't want.  These
patches are intended for 2.6.30.

This version is just a rebase to current net-next-2.6.git.  I'll send
Rusty an update to the patch in his queue that led to the patch
conflict, this series doesn't depend on it.

Alex

---

Alex Williamson (4):
      virtio_net: Add support for VLAN filtering in the hypervisor
      virtio_net: Add a MAC filter table
      virtio_net: Add a set_rx_mode interface
      virtio_net: Add a virtqueue for outbound control commands

 drivers/net/virtio_net.c   |  168 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 include/linux/virtio_net.h |   66 +++++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 231 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

-- 
Alex Williamson