Subject: [net-next PATCH 03/26] igb: move initialization of number of queues into set_interrupt_capability

From: Jeff Kirsher <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2009 01:15:45 -0800

From: Alexander Duyck <[email-masked]>

This patch moves the initialization of the number of queues into
set_interrupt_capability.  This allows the number of queues to increase in
the unlikely event that the system initially fails to allocate enough msi-x
interrupts, does a suspend/resume, and then can allocate enough interrupts
on resume.

Signed-off-by: Alexander Duyck <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Kirsher <[email-masked]>
---

 drivers/net/igb/igb_main.c |   10 +++++-----
 1 files changed, 5 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

diff --git a/drivers/net/igb/igb_main.c b/drivers/net/igb/igb_main.c
index ec5855a..6ef0adb 100644
--- a/drivers/net/igb/igb_main.c
+++ b/drivers/net/igb/igb_main.c
@@ -543,6 +543,11 @@ static void igb_set_interrupt_capability(struct igb_adapter *adapter)
 	int err;
 	int numvecs, i;
 
+	/* Number of supported queues. */
+	/* Having more queues than CPUs doesn't make sense. */
+	adapter->num_rx_queues = min_t(u32, IGB_MAX_RX_QUEUES, num_online_cpus());
+	adapter->num_tx_queues = min_t(u32, IGB_MAX_TX_QUEUES, num_online_cpus());
+
 	numvecs = adapter->num_tx_queues + adapter->num_rx_queues + 1;
 	adapter->msix_entries = kcalloc(numvecs, sizeof(struct msix_entry),
 					GFP_KERNEL);
@@ -1450,11 +1455,6 @@ static int __devinit igb_sw_init(struct igb_adapter *adapter)
 	adapter->max_frame_size = netdev->mtu + ETH_HLEN + ETH_FCS_LEN;
 	adapter->min_frame_size = ETH_ZLEN + ETH_FCS_LEN;
 
-	/* Number of supported queues. */
-	/* Having more queues than CPUs doesn't make sense. */
-	adapter->num_rx_queues = min_t(u32, IGB_MAX_RX_QUEUES, num_online_cpus());
-	adapter->num_tx_queues = min_t(u32, IGB_MAX_TX_QUEUES, num_online_cpus());
-
 	/* This call may decrease the number of queues depending on
 	 * interrupt mode. */
 	igb_set_interrupt_capability(adapter);