Subject: Re: Passive OS fingerprint xtables match.

From: Evgeniy Polyakov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 14:56:13 +0300

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 04:30:03PM +0100, Jan Engelhardt ([email-masked]) wrote:
> >As of IPv6 support - it could be fairly trivial, the only thing we need
> >is to dereference TCP header with the appropriate offset anf get don't
> >fragment bit (ipv6 does not have it, so we could check both entries).
> 
> But IPv6 can have Fragment Headers, serving about the same purpose.
> 
> >But... I do not have IPv6 network to test the changes (and definitely
> >did not have it 6 years ago), so it was never implemented :)
> 
> There exist lots of free VM solutions - and I think UML existed
> 6 years ago, too.

It is not that simple. IPv6 was never a out-of-the-box solution, and in
case of this module we either need to setup a router, or use ipv6-aware
application (fortunately telnet knows that in the recent distros).

-- 
	Evgeniy Polyakov