Subject: [RFC 0/4] netfilter conntrack sysctls pernet support

From: Cyrill Gorcunov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 21:16:28 +0300

Hi here are a few patches to bring in per-net functionality
for several conntrack protocols: DCCP, SCTP, UDPlite.

Since these protos could be built as modules I've put
per-net operations to module init/exit routines. The change
I would like you point the attention is that module static
variables being marked as __read_mostly become now as dynamically
allocated -- is it acceptable trade off?

For protocols being built in (like TCP, UDP, ICMP) for which I made
patches too but they are in a bit 'rought' state: in original
code there some kind of reference counter to sysctl tables being
registered (and they don't have any kind of mb, didn't check if it
could be a problem for SMP since they are mostly __init functions)
so I need some kind of same functionality to count per-net calls.
Will send RFC for these protocols soon.

So eventually I would like to hear some kind of feedback on this.
Ideas and any kind of comments are highly appreciated.

The patches are on top of -net-next-2.6

Cyrill