Subject: Re: Passive OS fingerprint xtables match.

From: Evgeniy Polyakov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 13:00:38 +0300

Hi Pablo.

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 10:54:21AM +0100, Pablo Neira Ayuso ([email-masked]) wrote:
> > Fingerprint matching rules can be downloaded from OpenBSD source tree
> > and loaded via netlink connector into the kernel via special util found
> > in archive. It will also listen for events about matching packets.
> 
> I like this feature. We have nfnetlink so I don't see why we should use
> the netlink connector instead.

OSF exists about 6 years already, netlink configuration was added in
2005, I do not remember if nfnetlink existed those days (IIRC it did
not, since I reused ULOG netlink first), right now I just cleanup
what was written before.

> BTW, is there any difference with regards to userspace p0f apart from
> having this integrated into iptables?

There should be no major differences, there are some tweaks for the
MTU comparison, maybe something else.

-- 
	Evgeniy Polyakov