Subject: Re: e1000e 0000:00:19.0: DMA-API: device driver tries to free DMA memory it has not allocated [device address=0x0000000052ff084a] [size=90 bytes]

From: Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 18:53:13 +0100

* Brandeburg, Jesse <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Mar 2009, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> > > >> http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/3/2/318
> > > 
> > > We are still looking for more testing from the general community of 
> > > this patch, in particular if any tx hangs are reported.  Thanks in 
> > > advance for any reports.--
> > 
> > Yeah - already picked it up into tip:out-of-tree and it passed about 
> > a hundred bootup tests on various e1000e using systems already - 
> > with no problems whatsoever. Will let you know if anything breaks - 
> > e1000e has been rock solid for me in the .29 cycle.
> 
> thanks! did you pull in both e1000 and e1000e fixes?  We also have a 
> similar fix in internal testing for igb.

yeah, i picked up both - albeit i've switched over all boxes to 
e1000e so e1000 will get little testing from me. Do you have an sha1 
for the igb fix by any chance?

	Ingo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apps built with the Adobe(R) Flex(R) framework and Flex Builder(TM) are
powering Web 2.0 with engaging, cross-platform capabilities. Quickly and
easily build your RIAs with Flex Builder, the Eclipse(TM)based development
software that enables intelligent coding and step-through debugging.
Download the free 60 day trial. http://p.sf.net/sfu/www-adobe-com